Are you searching for love in your life? Maybe you feel lonely and have a hard time connecting to other people in a meaningful way. Or perhaps you are trying to heal a broken heart or struggling to forgive someone – maybe even yourself?
We are all searching for love on some level. We want to feel a connection, to be seen and understood, to know that we matter. Loving deeply is our natural state but we are often blocked from it because of past hurts, trauma, anger, and fear. If we are stuck in these lower vibrating energies then we can find it hard to feel close to others, to find and be a loving partner, to feel connected to the world around us.
Your heart is the most powerful energy center in your body.
If your heart is blocked, this will affect how love appears (or doesn’t appear) in your life. A life of abundance can be created using the energy of love. Through opening our hearts, we can experience deep love, first for ourselves and then for others. This will help us to attract positive people, relationships, and experiences.
And how exactly do we open our hearts? The best way to tune in to the vibration of love is to give it! Here are some simple ways you can start attracting love into your life.
- Give hugs. Motivational speaker Leo Buscagalia used to give out the energy prescription of giving and receiving twelve hugs each day for optimal health. There are tremendous health benefits linked to giving hugs, and research shows that oxytocin is released after twenty seconds of hugging someone.
- Smile often. It’s contagious and uplifting for you and others! As Mother Teresa said, “Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.”
- Forgive. Let go of any resentment you are feeling toward yourself or other people. Holding on to hurt feelings is one of the largest blocks to love. Life is short, so let things go in order to experience the love you deserve.
- Be kind. Practice random acts of kindness: give a stranger a compliment, pay for the person in line behind you, volunteer your time for a cause you love. Being thoughtful and generous will increase the positive energy in your life.
- Set Intentions. Focus on seeing the world through the “eyes” and the energy of your heart. Create and focus on loving mantras. One of my favorites,